PARTS RETURN POLICY
To serve the best interests of all our customers, Boyd offers a Parts Return Policy subject to the following conditions:
- Current Parts Furnished From Dealer Stock
- Parts returned within thirty (30) days will receive credit at full purchase price.
- Must be in new and salable condition, in original package.
- Returned after thirty (30) days will be assessed a 15% restocking charge.
- Proof-of-purchase is customer’s responsibility.
- Non-Stock Parts
- Parts considered non-stock at time of purchase will be assessed a 15% restocking charge within 30 days.
- Other vendor parts will be accepted for return only if our supplier will accept return from Boyd. Credit will be issued equal to the amount we receive from our supplier, less any freight charges incurred.
- Proof-of-purchase is customer’s responsibility.
- Non-Returnable Parts
The following items will not be accepted for return:
- Non-stock parts labeled non-returnable as indicated by an asterisk (*) on parts shipping orders with an extended value under $60.00. Only nonstock parts labeled as non-returnable with an extended value greater than $60.00 will be accepted per the above guideline (II. Non-Stock Parts) if returned within thirty (30) days of purchase. After thirty (30) days, these items will not be accepted for return.
- Parts showing signs of having been installed on or removed from equipment.
- Parts with finished surfaces which are rusty or show signs of deterioration in quality.
- Sealed parts kits which have been opened.
- Material cut to order, such as radiator hose, copper tubing, weather stripping, battery cable, etc.
- Tubes/hose assemblies which are missing protective end caps or socks on each end.
- Parts purchased in package quantity will not be accepted for return of less than package quantity.
- Electrical Components.
- Errors by the Company
- Items returned within 30 days of purchase will receive 100% credit and will include inbound freight charges incurred during procurement.
- Beyond 30 days regular return policy applies.
- Restocking Fee Waived
- Parts Managers may elect to waive a restocking fee to customers who are in good standing with the company and if appropriate based on the return situation – ie error made by the Company/Caterpillar/Other Vendor.
- Cat® Remanufactured / Boyd Exchange Cores
- Allowed Credit: The amount of credit (“Allowed Credit”) shall be determined in accordance with the standards set forth in the Caterpillar Core Acceptance Guide and Boyd Exchange Pricing Guide.
- Time Limit: The customer will receive (I) 100% of the Allowed Credit for cores returned within thirty (30) days following purchase of the replacement unit, (II) 90% of the Allowed Credit for cores returned within ninety (90) days following purchase of the replacement unit, and (III) and 0% credit for cores returned after ninety (90) days after the purchase of the replacement unit.
Truck and Marine Engine Dealers:
Inventory Order Cores: For remanufactured items purchased as dealer inventory, the dealer will receive (I) 100% of the Allowed Credit for new or used cores returned within 12 months of the remanufactured item purchase date, or (II) 0% credit for new or used cores returned after 12 months of the remanufactured item purchase date.
Emergency Order Cores: For remanufactured items purchased as non-inventory (emergency or warranty), the dealer will receive (I) 100% of the Allowed Credit for used cores returned within thirty (30) days of the remanufactured item purchase date, (II) 90% of the Allowed Credit for used cores returned within ninety (90) days of the remanufactured item purchase date, or (III) 0% credit for used cores returned later than ninety (90) days from the remanufactured item purchase date.
- Online Orders
In addition to policies contained here within, the following stipulations apply to orders placed via all eCommerce platforms provided by Boyd.
- Initiation of a parts return request must be made by contacting a Boyd location via phone, email, or in-person.
- Parts must be returned to a Boyd location within thirty (30) days of purchase, as documented by the electronic system from which the parts were ordered.
- Upon receipt and acceptance of returned parts, credits are typically issued within 48 hours.
- Exceptions To These Rules
- Parts returned to a Boyd facility without a proof-of-purchase and those returned after six (6) months from the date of purchase, at our opinion, may be accepted for credit. In such cases, the amount of credit to be allowed shall be determined by us.
- Returned parts found unacceptable will be held for a period not exceeding thirty (30) days to allow time for purchaser to advise disposition. In the absence of written notice advising disposition within the thirty (30) day period, we shall assume all rejected parts are to be discarded; and we shall accept no further responsibility for them.
This Parts Return Policy is a customer service. Boyd reserves the right to cancel all or any portion of this policy without prior notice and to reject any parts returned to Boyd. This supersedes and nullifies all previous Parts Return Policies in effect at Boyd. Further return percentage amounts and breakdown can be provided by emailing DigitalServices@BoydCAT.com – please reference “Return Policy” before sending.
Revised January, 2022