Room & Pillar
If you engage in room and pillar mining operations in Kentucky, Southern Indiana, West Virginia and Southeastern Ohio, you can’t afford to rely on mining equipment that isn’t up to the challenge. Underground mine operators throughout the region trust Boyd CAT for all their mining machinery needs.
We feature a large selection of room and pillar mining equipment by Caterpillar® that will allow you to get more work done in less time, while also providing safer conditions for your workforce.
Room & Pillar Equipment
High-Performing Equipment for Every Aspect of the Room and Pillar Mining Process
We feature state-of-the-art Cat® equipment for cutting, loading, hauling and every other room and pillar mining procedure, including:
- Continuous haulage machines: Cat produces diesel- and battery-powered mineral haulers that provide the ultimate combination of power, maneuverability and capacity. They’re available in a wide range of operating heights and conveyor widths to meet the requirements of virtually any underground mining operation.
- Scoops: Today’s Cat low-profile scoops for mining are the product of more than 40 years of design and engineering expertise. Key features include planetary wheel drives, proprietary IGBT electric controls and a multi-purpose contoured bottom bucket.
- Face haulers: If you’re looking for rugged, dependable face haulage equipment that also provides the valuable element of flexibility, Cat face haulers will meet your needs. Choose from a wide range of battery- and diesel-powered machines in various sizes and configurations.
- Feeder breakers: These revolutionary Cat machines offer fast and efficient breaking and feeding of crushed rock or ore. Capabilities include processing rates of up to 1,800 tons per hour, standard pick force ranges of up to 100,000 lbs. and maximum breaking strengths of up to 30,000 psi.
- Roof bolters: Cat roof bolters are designed to enhance productivity and safety in room and pillar mining operations. Important product features include user-friendly operator zones, quick free-steering towing conversion and individual planetary wheel drives.
- Continuous miners: Cat continuous miners can handle hard and soft cutting application with equal ease and efficiency, regardless of seam thickness.
Visit Us to Learn More About Cat Room and Pillar Equipment
Stop by the Boyd CAT dealer near you for an up-close look at our room and pillar mining equipment. We have 17 locations across Kentucky, Southern Indiana, West Virginia and Southeastern Ohio to serve you.